Proud To Be An American

Proud To Be An American

Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Fairytale Story Part Four

On President's Day 2011, while I wasn't feeling good and still in my pajamas, my husband proposed to me. We were just hanging out at home- spending the day together doing abosolutely nothing. Was it my dream proposal that I had thought he would do? No, it was better. He proposed to me when I looked my worst, and felt like crud- and he made that not-so-good day into an amazing memory. We planned our wedding for 14 May 2011 at Buck Creek State Park. Beautiful place! The day of the wedding was crazy, and I turned into the crazy bride (normal bride thing to do!) We had a simple wedding. The groom wore jeans and cowboy boots, the bride wore a pretty white dress and flip flops. It was raining everywhere around us except at the park that day. The sun beamed across the blue sky- making it a perfect sunny day. The reception was like a giant BBQ- which is exactly how we imagined our wedding. we didn't want anything crazy and fancy- we wanted it to be simple and relaxed (like us). The music was played via iPod. We did have some live music done though! A friend of ours played and sang the song "Simple Man" by Lynrd Skynrd for the mother-son dance. He then accompanied me on the keyboard as I sang "When You Say Nothing At All" by Allison Krauss to my wonderful new husband. God blessed us with sunshine and smiles that day...

No comments:

Post a Comment